Skip to main content

File A Complaint Against An Interpreter

Any individual or organization can file a complaint against an interpreter who they feel may have violated the act. IDHHC receives complaints from individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing, their family members on their behalf, or interpreters.

All complaints are kept confidential and the complainant’s name is not given to the interpreter. However, specific information such as date and location is provided to the interpreter.

Please submit the Complaint Form to IDHHC if you believe and interpreter has violated Illinois law or regulations.

This form should be completed and mailed to:

Illinois Deaf and Hard of Hearing Commission
Attn: Interpreter Complaint Department
528 South 5th Street, Suite 209
Springfield, IL 62701